Happy Mail Ideas - Pastel Halloween Edition

 It's Happy Mail Time!  I had a wonderful time creating this whimsy mail.  πŸ’œ The recipients enjoy paper crafting so I thought it would be awesome to send them a handmade item they can use and customize.  

I created a soft cover mini book cover with canvas fabric.  Each cover I painted playful images with acrylic paint and added touches of embroidery.  I left the edges raw for a carefree look... and I like the look of all the threads.  It compliments the doodle style well.  

Since this is a special occasions happy mail I went a little overboard.  A typical pen pal exchange for me consists of just the interactive book insert with my letter written on the pages.  If I feel exceptionally chatty I'll add a notebook page folded and tucked in one of the pockets.  Then I might add something small that my pen pal may like.  For example, a flat handmade embellishment or share some pieces from my craft stash.  

**Shipping Tip**
Try to keep your booklets small so they will fit in a standard envelope.  I like to open my booklets to the middle and lay it flat (open) in the envelope.  It will ship for less since the envelope is less thick.  😊

I LOVE mini album/pen pal book inserts.  I use them all time, especially as little doodle journals.  The journal style book insert only consists of high quality printer paper and a pretty piece of pattern paper for the cover.  My pen of choice is a Pigma Micron 01, great for fine lines. 
 
For more snail mail ideas please check my YouTube channel (Little Hot Tamale).









Snail mail extras πŸ’œ

Thank you for reading my blog.  I hope you have a wonderful day.
Happy Crafting,
- Meg