Friday, August 28, 2015

Birthday Boy, Let's Get Sketchy Challenge

Hello Lovelies!
How is everyone this morning? It is a little gloomy here, hopefully the sunshine will pop out later. :) Today I wanted to share my layout for Let's Get Sketchy. The sketch this week by Laetitia was such a fun one to work with. This week I stayed clear from color shine and tried white acrylic paint splatters. It turned out great, but I never imagined how messy tapping a paint brush could be. Once I realized little splatters were going everywhere my mind went into panic mode, need to check my filming camera. Everything a ok. :) lol
 
The paper line I used was Good Day Sunshine by Simple Stories, one of my favorite summer lines. I also thought the paper worked perfect for my colorful party photo. After viewing Laetitia sketch I knew I wanted to add a page full of doodles that represented the day. :) If you haven*t tried this on a layout you definitely should, very therapeutic.
 
Overall I really enjoyed working on this layout, especially since it got me out of my cycle of using white cardstock as my background, lol.
 
  Hope everyone has a wonderful day! Thank you Let*s Get Sketchy for posting weekly challenges and leaving wonderful comments. Such a great group of talented individuals. http://letsgetsketchy.blogspot.com/
 
Hugs!-Meg


Let's Get Sketchy
 
For more fun:
 
YouTube Channel:
 
Instagram:
 @lttlehottamale  &  @littlehotamalemail
August 2015

11 comments:

  1. I love your layout and the paint splatters!!! And that is one amazing cake!!! Thanks for sharing with us at LGS :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun page ! Nice picture ! Thank you for joining us at LGS !

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the page of pad with drawings !! Wonderful job with the sketch. Thanks for playing at LGS

    ReplyDelete
  4. How fun is this layout! Awesome! Love the colourful photo and the page of doodles! Thanks for joining in the fun this week at LGS.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fun and cool page.....great take on the sketch....Thanks for joining us at LGS!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love what you did with the sketch. Thanks for playing at LGS.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love that background paper! Such an awesome take on the sketch! Thanks for joining us at LGS!

    ReplyDelete
  8. A really fun and super cool page. Thank you for playing along with our sketch at Let's Get Sketchy :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fun layout and nice picture!!
    Thank you for joining us at LGS !

    ReplyDelete
  10. it's so fun!!
    I like the white accents!
    Thanks for joining us at LGS!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fun page & a great photo!!!! Thank you for joining us @LGS!

    ReplyDelete