Monday, August 24, 2015

Autumn Scrapbook Process Video


 
Hello Lovelies!
Oh my goodness, I*m so excited to share my autumn scrapbook layout for the Let*s Get Sketchy challenge.  :)  I had a ton of fun trying new techniques and working from the wonderful sketch by Bev Code.  It took me about 2 hours over a few days to complete it, but it was so worth it because it is one of my favorites.  There is a lot going on- gold circle stitching, water color, modeling paste, fussy cutting ghosts and pumpkins, color shine splatters, stamping and paper layering.  
 

 

Thought Behind the Layout

I wanted to document this cute photo of my boyfriend and I on the downtown square all decked out for the trick or treaters.  From the photo I pulled my color scheme I want to work with: orange and yellow in the trees and the rich maroon color in our outfits.  I also pulled inspiration from the ghosts and the banner on the banister. 
 
After rummaging through my stash of Halloween/fall I realized I had practically nothing for the season except for a small Halloween Martha Stewart paper pad, candy corn stickers, a leaf paper punch, and a few stamps.  For my base I used white cardstock to allow me to add color more easily and have my dark photo pop off the page. 
 
I tried to make a fun and whimsical layout by working in layers.
--gold thread circles sewn with a sewing machine--
--maroon water color dabbed on with plastic--
--stamping with hearts, spiders, and web--
--gold splatters with Heidi Swapp Color Shine--
--embellishments: images from the paper pad, candy corn stickers, and gems--
--vellum leaves from paper punch--
--handmade rosettes cut in half for banner--
--thickers for title--
--paper scraps layered for a picture mat--
 
 


 
 
If you get a chance please checkout my process video for this layout.  lol, I*m going to warn you though, I kind of had too much caffeine when I did the voiceover.  Don*t forget to checkout Let*s Get Sketchy for their weekly challenges at http://letsgetsketchy.blogspot.com/.  Hope you have a fantastic day and subscribe to my YouTube channel!
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCM8WcxUEHBz3tRKP16ah9qw
 
Hugs!-Meg


9 comments:

  1. Wow!! Such an awesome layout!! I love it!! Thanks for sharing with us at LGS :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow!Cute Hallowe'en layout!!
    Thanks for joining in at LGS!

    ReplyDelete
  3. O wow, I love what you did with the sketch....it's gorgeous.....I love the way you played with the embellisments on your page!
    Thanks for joining us at LGS!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome page, love all the details! Thank you so much for joining us at LGS :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fun page !! Thanks for the video :-)
    Thank you so much for joining us at Let’s Get Sketchy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very Cool. Love what you did with the sketch. Thanks for playing at LGS.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is such a super cool LO :) Thank you for playing along with our sketch at Let's Get Sketchy :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's Fun&Cute!!!
    Thanks for playing at LGS.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is such a fun page! Love the stitched circles with the stickers. Thanks for joining in this month's LGS challenge.

    ReplyDelete